What should you take?
It is recommended to bring a 25 pound backpack with necessary clothes only for the 5 days of the tour.
The rest of the luggage can be left in the deposit of your hotel or otherwise you can leave it in our office in Carmelita. It is important to carry only what is necessary for the 5 days of trekking in a travel backpack that will be transported on a cargo mule.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: If you need to carry additonal luggage during the tour, you must hire a mule to transport it. This service has an additional cost, and you can hire it here.
We recommend you pack:
- Long sleeve shirts
- Cool pants – no jeans-
- Waterproof cape to protect you in the rainy season (August to November)
- Hiking boots
- A pair of extra shoes during the rainy season
- Insect repellent
- Hat or cap
- Container to carry water
- Personal medications
- Binoculars (optional)
- A comfortable, small and practical backpack to take on the hike.
- The cargo backpack is transported by the mules.
- We recommend bringing the minimum and indispensable.